Re: [TowerTalk] [SPAM] Re: Cutting 3/16" EHS...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [SPAM] Re: Cutting 3/16" EHS...
From: "Jim Walker" <jim@walkersdomain.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 08:53:37 -0600
 I purchased the 18 inch bolt cutters from Harbor Freight.  It gives one
pause to reflect upon the old adage, "you get what you pay for."

The Harbor Freight cutters lasted through approximately 10 - 15 clean cuts
of 3/16 EHS after which it would only cut half or less of the individual
woven strands.

No amount of adjustment would bring them back to where they would cut 3/16
inch with a single cut.  I still have them, but will ship them free to
anyone who wants to pay for shipping.  :-)

YMMV,

Jim
KB0X