Re: [TowerTalk] Pictures of Soldering a PL-259 (UHF Male) at K3LR

To: "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pictures of Soldering a PL-259 (UHF Male) at K3LR
From: "W3YY - Bob" <w3yy@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 00:42:06 -0000

These are all excellent recommendations for soldering braid to regular
PL-259's, but why bother?

As has been pointed out on this reflector, there are alternative PL-259-Type
connectors that assemble like N connectors, require no soldering of the
braid, and are easily reusable.  That's the only kind I use anymore and they
are great.  If you must use a regular PL-259, then fine.  Otherwise,
consider the alternatives.

73, Bob - W3YY