Re: [TowerTalk] AB switch between two radios

To: "Mike (K6BR)" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AB switch between two radios
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:31:50 -0800 (PST)
We just built a switch box using two Matsushita RF Reed Relays
(available from AG6K, http://www.somis.org/).  One relay goes
to each radio and either grounds its antenna connection or
connects it to the antenna.  It is built in a small cast aluminum
box.  I use it to switch my transmitting antenna between two
radios.  A second switch box of similar design adds a separate
RX antenna connection to the radio.
The isolation is good enough that I can transmit on one
rig and listen on the other ON THE SAME BAND as long as the radios
are >20 kHz apart.

Rick N6RK