Re: [TowerTalk] Pictures of Soldering a PL-259 (UHF Male) at K3LR

To: "W3YY - Bob" <w3yy@cox.net>, "Bill Turner" <dezrat@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pictures of Soldering a PL-259 (UHF Male) at K3LR
From: "Stone, Gary R." <Gary.Stone@va.gov>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:39:17 -0600
Greetings,

This RF Connection clamp type is:

RFC1701C  PL-259 Crimp RG-214  3.50

I just got the above information from Joel at RFC and although it says
"crimp" Joel says it is a clamp type not crimp.  No special tools
required. Joel also told me (in case you need this info like I do) that
to use this
part with LM4-400 you need to simply drill out the center pill hole a
little with a number 32 or 33 bit.

I will place an order and give this a try as I really don't do well with
trying to fill up the braid holes on PL-259s. :-)

73 de N5PHT, Gary

Gary Stone, BA, LCDC  J

     Case Manager, DSAP

       O  903 - 583 - 6411