[TowerTalk] Ham IV vs. G800SA

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham IV vs. G800SA
From: "jknodel M Knodel" <jknodel@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:38:17 -0800
Now that I am getting ready to finally get my tower up, I need to get a new
rotor and am comparing the Hygain Ham IV and Yaesu G-800SA.  I would like to
know what everyones' opinion is of the two.  I know that they do not have
the same specs (windload, effective moment in tower, etc.) but each would
work fine for what I need (turning a 3 element SteppIR and 2 meter beam).

So, how do the two compare for quality, longevity and other characteristics?
  Since I will be buying the rotor new and not used, I would also like to
know if Hygain's quality has gone down since partnering with MFJ.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Jon, N7XW