Re: [TowerTalk] Used Tower

To: "Neil Marlowe" <nmarlowe@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Used Tower
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 08:04:39 -0600
Not nearly enough information there. Is it a straight tower, or a tapered
tower?  Tubular, flat or solid legs? Welded cross bracing, riveted cross
braces? Posting pictures may lead to an identification which will tell you how
the tower manufacturer meant the tower to be installed, such as guyed,
bracketed, free standing or such.  And once you get that, we get into how you
plan to load it, and with what.  The acquisition of the material is the first
of MANY steps to get the tower to do what it was meant to do. The subscribers
of this reflector are probably the best compilation of information you can have.

More data = better information = more accurate answers

Clint - W5CPT