Re: [TowerTalk] re Hardline connectors

To: w0yk@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re Hardline connectors
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:07:45 +0000
Pete and Ed, thanks very much.  looks good.

73,

rob / k5uj

From: "J. Edward (Ed) Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
To: "'Rob Atkinson, K5UJ'" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
CC: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:22:53 -0800

I don't know about the original post, but what's written below sounds
similar to what I do ...

Parts: UHF F-F barrel adapter, copper pipe reducer and SS hose clamp.  Take
the barrel adapter and a short section of the hardline (or the exact OD) to
the plumbing supplies store and find a copper pipe reducer where the small
end (1/2" as I recall) fits the OD of the barrel adapter and the large end
(3/4"?) fits the OD of the aluminum tubing on the hardline (not the
Polyethylene jacket).  Clean the aluminum tubing down to the metal--often
there is a moisture sealant goo between the Poly jacket and the aluminum.
Leave 1/2" or so of the copper center conductor of the hardline exposed and
slip the barrel adapter onto it.  Sometimes it is a tight fit, but it will
go on.  Hacksaw four slits in the large end of the copper reducer, coat it
with Noalox and slip it on over the barrel adapter and onto the aluminum
tube and secure with the SS clamp.  Sweat solder the barrel adapter into the
copper reducer.  Coat the SS clamp and the area around it with liquid
electrical tape to moisture seal the hardline jacket.

73,
Ed - W0YK

simple tips.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline