Re: [TowerTalk] re Hardline connectors

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>, "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re Hardline connectors
From: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 21:46:08 -0500
Hi Jim, after I finished with a set for 70cm and 2m I measured the I.L. and SWR
through the entire system at both frequencies.  The system being a transformer
at each end, a pair of N-connectors and 300' of 7/8" CATV line.  I remember by
using a Bird dummy load and Bird watt meter the I.L. was 3-4 tenths of a dB
better than what the manufacturer of the cable had specified for 2m.  I don't
remember how much better it was at 70 cm off the top of my head but there too
it was better than the cable spec.  At that point I felt pretty happy and that
the loss in the connectors and transformers was negligible and finished the
science project.  I'm sorry to say but I did not go any further to try to
determine the loss through a very short length of cable and a pair of
transformers.
73,
Gedas