[TowerTalk] Cushcraft A743/A744 DE Support Rope

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A743/A744 DE Support Rope
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:27:11 -0400
I put up my A743 40m add-on kit in October 2005. I was disappointed
to come home and find that the DE support rope has broken, apparently
right in the middle -- where the rope passes through the phenolic
standoff.

So far, the DE has held together OK, the DE just droops a lot --
about a foot or more on the ends below the reflector and director.
Not sure how long the antenna will hold together with this much
strain on the DE, so I plan to replace it soon.

Anyone else experience this problem? What's the best type of
replacement rope to use?

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901