Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A743/A744 DE Support Rope

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A743/A744 DE Support Rope
From: "W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:02:32 -0700
> I put up my A743 40m add-on kit in October 2005. I was disappointed
> to come home and find that the DE support rope has broken, apparently
> right in the middle -- where the rope passes through the phenolic
> standoff.

I put my A3 with A743 dipole in the air in 1984 and it's still there with
the truss rope intact.  I'll be taking it down later this year to put up a
new SteppIR in it's place.  I've been curious about that rope for the last
decade or so, but since it isn't broken I wasn't going to fix it.  I wonder
if Cushcraft is using the same material today that they did back then?

73,
Clay  W7CE