Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?

To: "Tim Heger" <n3xx@charter.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 18:00:43 -0700

Of course, you're out in the countryside some 10-15 miles from
Atlanta there (thank you Google Earth), so it might be easier to do
than, in say, Ventura County, CA. Your 4 bd/4ba 2700 square foot
house on what looks like more than an acre would be a multi-million
dollar property around here. And you still have an assessed value
substantially in excess of the tract to your west (thank you
zillow.com). Does that subdivision have CC&Rs?

I'd venture to say that there are very, very few properties similar
to yours in Southern California (that aren't out in the middle of the
Mojave Desert)

Take a look at
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&ll=34.22,-118.82&t=k&z=13&om=1

to see what eastern Ventura County looks like.  Anywhere you see that
doesn't have houses is most likely legislated open space, too rugged
to build on, or zoned for agricultural.  I would venture that of the
populated areas you see, less than 10% is not subject to either CC&Rs
or onerous local ordinances (PRB-1 notwithstanding)