Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?

To: W4LDE-Ron <w4lde@cfl.rr.com>, Krish <kkanakas@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:04:57 -0800
>Unfortunately this issue is not going away unless the Fed's do it for
us, developers have the money to protect what they perceive as a
possible treat to their success, most by being uniformed, the only
reason for this restriction in the location I am looking at is "Hams
cause TV interference".  . Bottom line,  be persistent with positive
aspects of the need for an antenna as recommended by others, get to now
the builder and the developer, understand the home market and support
any bill with respect to HOA's-CCR-Deed restriction of antenna's.<

::Ron, I've researched this for years and as far as I can tell, CC&Rs are
popular today for one reason only, that being it makes it possible for
developers to get the required permits to develop: By relieving the
municipality of practically all hardship or even any reason to generate an
intelligent thought, CC&Rs are a protective blanket assurance that all will
be well with the perfectly-conforming development.

Municipalities/towns/cities that already have intelligently drafted
ordinances and the infrastructure to assure their enforcement couldn't care
less about CC&Rs and issue permits based on actual merit rather than
transparent assurances.  I've found that here in Los Angeles, permits for
major subdivisions are issued developers filing covenants, and also those
not filing any, without any regard for this.  As such, we do indeed have NEW
construction that is covenant-free in many parts of town.  However, these
are generally more expensive properties and not postage-stamp, cookie-cutter
homes and lots more commonly found in the restricted subdivisions.

-WB2WIK/6