Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding and grounding nightmare

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding and grounding nightmare
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:35:03 -0500
Sounds like the molten metal is running out the holes around the wires
or around the ground rod if it doesn't fit tightly.  You can pack it
with sand to prevent this.  The trenching can be difficult if the
digging is done manually.  Renting a trencher can make it much simpler.
Putting in the ground rods is the most difficult part.  You said you
have already done this?  That does make the trenching a little harder,
avoiding the ground rods then manually digging out around them.

Jerry