Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding and grounding nightmare

To: "K4SAV" <RadioIR@charter.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding and grounding nightmare
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:03:23 -0400
Peter:

     Jerry speaks the truth.  A rented trencher, like a Ditchwitch, would
make short work of your trenching project.  I dug trenches for my grounding
wires and for my conduit system in one day with a rental.

     Jerry is also correct in suggesting that the molten shot is running out
of the holes in the (I assume) One-shot Cadweld molds.  I had the same
problem with the first one I tried.  After I cut off the half-welded top of
the ground rod and fixed a second ceramic mold on top of it, I sealed the
holes for the side wires and around the rod itself, underneath the mold,
with electrician's putty (available at Home Despot, Lowe's, etc.)  I did
twelve welds successfully thereafter.

     Good luck with the project.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F