Re: [TowerTalk] HDBX Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDBX Question
From: Mike Miller <wa0zog@embarqmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 00:53:16 -0500
Wow!  Just catching up on my email and catching the thread about the
HDBX tower...finally.

That's what I've got up here waiting for the beam to get finished.  I've
put up an HDBX 40, but I've got the rotor plate on this one at 4, yes 4
whole feet off of the ground, with a TB-2 thrust bearing in the rotor
plate at the top.  I figured that this would help to remove some of the
extra twist from the tower legs somewhat, and help to alleviate the
potential torque issues inherent in the design of the stamped legs.  I
don't intend to overload the tower, mind you, but I did want to build
for safety.

And yes, as stated several times before...these things really stink to
climb.  Is there an echo in here?

BTW, good luck finding the sections you're needing...you may need to
fabricate what you're looking for.  But take a close look at the Rohn
catalog and realize that there's the potential to lose some significant
antenna capacity, if you want to stay within Rohn's design specs.

73,
Mike, WA0ZOG