Re: [TowerTalk] Gotham antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gotham antennas
From: "Jim Pruitt" <wa7duy@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 21:08:15 -0700
I remember Gotham quite well.  I also learned the hard way that cheap was
not necessarily good!  I bought a 4 element 15 meter yagi from them from an
ad in QST.  When I put it up I could work just as many stations off the
front as I could off the back and sides and with no difference in signal
strength!  The SWR was 10 to 1 at the lowest.  I took it down that same day
when the elements kept becoming verticals and was never put back up!  I used
the aluminum for other antennas!  That was about 1970 and it took very
little power on 15 to work anybody!  I did not make the mistake of buying
any of their other antennas!

Sounds like my experience was typical!

Jim Pruitt