Re: [TowerTalk] UV Resistant Ty-Wraps?

To: "'shack'" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>,"'David Gilbert'" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>,"'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UV Resistant Ty-Wraps?
From: "Bill Parry" <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:12:19 -0500
I purchased the UV resistant plastic Cable Ties (is that what you call
them?) when I put up my tower back in 2002. The tower company refused to use
them; they said they would disintegrate in no time. They had made up a lot
of soft drawn copper wire segments. (They also refused the black tape idea.)
The short pieces of copper wire...must be like #12+ or so have worked real
nice in the 5 years that the tower has been up. You can take them loose with
a pair of pliers or your fingers sometimes.

Bill, W5VX