Re: [TowerTalk] Coax loop

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax loop
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:00:23 -0400
From: "James C. Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:14 PM

> The coax will go through the 3 coax arms up to the boom.
> So just secure the coax back along the boom and leave some slack in it and
> secure it at the top coax arm? The antenna is 1 foot above the top of the
> inner section of the crank up**************************************
> Yep, that's exactly what you do. Just leave enough slack so that the mast
> can rotate  plus or minus 180 degrees.

Ahhh...my rotator turns 520 degrees.<:-))  (PST-61)
As I'm using rather large coax I use two turns, 18" in diameter, with the
antenna at the center of rotation.  The coax loop lays on the top plate of
the tower and is kept from sliding off by rods sticking up out of the top
plate corners.  260 degrees plus or minus only causes a little increase or
decrease in the size of the loop which by the way contains 5 cables.

73

Roger (K8RI)