Re: [TowerTalk] Coax loop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax loop
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:00:27 -0500
Taping the coax to the mast is almost a necessity with a crank-up,
especially when there is an antenna is mounted just above the top of the
tower.  The tower tie point would have to be at the top of the tower,
maybe only a couple of feet from the antenna.  The only other option
would be to have only one coax arm at the top of the second section and
tape to the second section.  A 15 to 20 foot rotator loop is messy
especially when lowering and raising the tower, and there are a lot more
objects on a crank-up on which to snag the cable.

Has anyone been successful at doing this on a crank-up without taping to
the mast?  If so, how did you do it?

Jerry, K4SAV