Re: [TowerTalk] Force12

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 05:27:53 +0000
Most Force-12 products are largely just certain lengths of
tubing & this is probably why they deal with their manuals
as they do.

There are now I think knock-off copies of Force-12 products
available from suppliers on two continents (with one even
supporting a recent major DXpedition), so I do wonder if how
the real Force-12 deals with their manuals is really achieving
much more than irritating its own customers & those who
these customers may sell these 'legitimate' products on to
(read: those who might purchase something new from
Force-12 in future).

Besides, if one is going to mass produce a knock-off of a
product, doing so from a sample is the usual way - which will
come with a copy of the manual anyway...

The threat to the business from the odd individual potentially
recycling bits from their scrap pile to make an antenna for
themselves based on what they glean from the manual pales
in comparison.

73, VR10BrettGraham.