Re: [TowerTalk] Force12

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, <w2up3@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12
From: "Mark Kempisty" <mkempisty@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:38:10 -0400
I bought a new in box C3SS that was about 4 or 5 years old.  Looked at the
bundled elements (each labeled as to what element it is) glanced at the
manual and put the antenna together with minimal reference to the manual.
Things telescope together, make sure you put all the rivets in a joint
before you pop any and except for the folded elements, its hard to go wrong.
At least for the C3SS, its not rocket science.  This was about six months
ago.

A friend just got his C3SS.  Though I didn't read it in detail, the current
pictures in his manual are much clearer, more plentiful and newer.

Could you build a C3SS just from the manual, in my opinion probably not
unless you happen to have a lot of HF antenna experience.  While there are
some dimensions, undoubtedly you'd run into things that are not noted in the
manual since all the rivet holes which determine lengths are pre-drilled and
the loading elements are already bent.

73,
Mark N3GNW