Re: [TowerTalk] Force12

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w2up3@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:51:29 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/2007 9:02:24 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  The manuals don't help much, anyway.  Instructions are  vague and the
pictures are really pitiful - they look like copies of  copies of
copies.  Hopefully the new owner(s) will use these comments  constructively.

    The manuals are the second most complained thing  about F12 - right after
the poor customer service. Except to check a  dimension, I don't even read
them anymore. My advantage is that I've put  bunches of them together so they
must be semi-mysterious to first-time  builders. My condolences to them.

         Writing a manual to  construct anything is a challenging proposition
and of course there's the cost  involved. Anyone who has put LEGOs together
knows that you CAN design an  assembly manual that a 5-year old can follow.
Some of the best ham  ones IMO are the Cushcraft ones.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH