Re: [TowerTalk] Swapping out a T2X & Wasps...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Swapping out a T2X & Wasps...
From: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:38:37 -0700
If you want to "test for hidden wasps" before climbing a tower,   Take a look
at Today's CNN website videos.

Look for a video by Jerry Cook, in Afghanistan, that demonstrates in a very
scary way how the wasps come out of
hiding.  An explosion, some 200 meters away,  brought out swarms of "apparently
angry" wasps out in droves.
The video of the wasps, look like something out of a Hitchcock horror movie.

So.... If you are looking for latent wasps near the tower before you risk
exposure on the tower.  maybe a big balloon "Pop"
will bring them out, if they are lurking.   The CNN video seems to show that
they are quick to anger if exposed to concussions.

Try this URL for the video:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/ireports/2007/10/04/vo.ireport.wasps.cnn?iref=videosearch

All the Best, 73,
Pat Barthelow     aa6eg@hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Subscribe: http://bambi.net/jamesburg.html
Jamesburg Earth Station  Moon Bounce Team