Re: [TowerTalk] Generator (natural gas) and lightning

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Generator (natural gas) and lightning
From: "Doug Rehman" <rehman@surveil.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:02:51 -0500
I've seen a lot of commercial tower sites with propane tanks. The tanks are
sometimes underground and sometimes located in a corner of the enclosure.

I've got a 500 gallon tank buried about 15' from my tower. The tower took a
direct hit earlier this year -- no issues with the propane tank or the two
15KW generators located 6' from the tower.

Doug
K4AC