Re: [TowerTalk] XM-240 to Moxon 240

To: <k6zz@ccis.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] XM-240 to Moxon 240
From: "Tim Duffy K3LR" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 08:39:46 -0600
Hi Bob!

Earlier this year I took two new XM-240s and converted them to the W6NL
Moxon design. They are installed at 185 ft and 120 feet on TIC Ring Rotors
and can be fed alone, both in phase or both out of phase. They replaced a
CushCraft 402CD at 140 feet.

Their performance has been spectacular. We used them during both weekends of
the CQWW contest. The front to back is much better than the 402CD and their
VSWR performance is less than 1.3:1 from 7 to 7.3 MHz.

The modifications are not hard, but do take some effort. I am feeding them
with W0IYH chokes.

You can see a picture of them on the tower on the front page of my web site,
upper right side.

73!
Tim K3LR

http://www.k3lr.com