Re: [TowerTalk] Maine Contest Site For Sale

To: "Barry" <w2up3@verizon.net>,"Richard HIll" <rehill@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Maine Contest Site For Sale
From: "Van K7VS" <wa7fab@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:01:40 -0800
Guess I should weigh in on this thread!  I spent seven winters in
Waterville, Maine as a young boy.  In October, wife and I spent a couple of
weeks in Maine for the fun of it.  I reminised about my boyhood in Maine and
suggested we sell out and move back there.  Wife said, well, why don't you
simply rent an apartment and spend a month in Waterville this winter.  I
decided to remain in Medford with my wife!  The population of Waterville in
central Maine went from 36 thousand in the sixties to around 18 thousand
souls now.  Wonder why.  Van, K7VS