Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] RG-6 connector issues/ rcv array

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] RG-6 connector issues/ rcv array
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 12:30:23 +0000
That used to be a big problem for cable tv companies that used hardline with
copper center conductors.  The coefficient of expansion of the copper was
more than the aluminum shield and the copper would pull back out of the
connectors when it got too cold.  Later designs of hardlines used copper
clad aluminum center conductors that apparently didn't have that problem.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net