[TowerTalk] Weather/water proofing aluminum tube ends

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Weather/water proofing aluminum tube ends
From: "Jeff Carter" <towertalk@hidden-valley.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:23:22 -0400
Hi all,

I am in the process of rebuilding some R7 traps, and the little end
caps are shot.  I thought about plasti-dip for the ends but I don't
know how it hold up for UV and prolonged outdoor exposure.

What is the group's preference for sealing an aluminum tube which will
be exposed to the weather?  I don't think Cushcraft sells anything for
the R7 anymore and I'd rather have something better than these little
caps, anyway, something more durable.

Some of you build antennas from scratch, so other than crimping the
ends there's got to be a good solution for sealing them.

Thanks!

Jeff/KD4RBG