Re: [TowerTalk] Weather/water proofing aluminum tube ends

To: "Jeff Carter" <towertalk@hidden-valley.com>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weather/water proofing aluminum tube ends
From: Bill Winkis <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 07:02:32 -0400
Yes...use one of the new HD - adhesive Shrink-Tubing...cut the shrink
tubing long, when you heat and shrink, clip the overhang and let it
cool.... I use this to seal coax connectors etc....have two test
pieces one  on the end of a piece of aluminum antenna tubing; the
other  a PL259/barrel coax joint...they have been under water for
since Thanksgiving 07, I opened them last week and they never leaked....
This new HD stuff is great...

http://www.buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/index.htm?gclid=CMWd_erkwZECFQxegQodUGRWNg

Good Luck

-Bill