Re: [TowerTalk] Weather/water proofing aluminum tube ends

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weather/water proofing aluminum tube ends
From: "Jeff Carter" <towertalk@hidden-valley.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:38:32 -0400
Great!  Now maybe you could tell me a bit about how you waterproofed
the ends of the traps, since that was the question I actually
asked...I'm good on every single other thing about the R7 just now.

So far, in addition to straight replacements and where to get them,
I've gotten silicone and shrink-caps, both of which I may try for the
sake of comparison.  I didn't know you could get shrink-caps, all I've
seen are ones like Cushcraft originally furnishes.  If you've got a
better solution, please post it.  This list desperately needs some
signal to go along with all the noise.

Thanks!

Jeff/KD4RBG
Amateur Extra
First licensed in 1992

P.S. Double thanks to all of you who actually previously responded to
the question I asked without additional prompting.  You are the only
hope left for Amateur Radio, which would otherwise doubtlessly devolve
into total narcissism.   When I hear a new ham make mistakes on the
air, I am the picture of patience, because I know that there is no way
he is getting any substantive help from anybody in the hobby.  He will
have to struggle and make do while listening to foolishness about
arthritis, back trouble, and the glory of Field Days past from folks
who themselves were never more than appliance operators.