Re: [TowerTalk] Feedback

To: Michael Germino <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedback
From: BRENT BAUM <brentbaum5323@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:47:27 -0600
I originally joined the group seeking information on a fold over crank up tower
that I was given by our local historical railroad in return for building them a
better antenna system. Mostly I moved their mast to the top of the engine house
and pointed the directional antennas down the track instead of across it. I
received some information about my "new" tower but not really enough to go
beyond the generics of crank up design. That's OK because I have learned a
great deal about foundations, re-bar, permitting, etc. to get it set up, once I
can afford to pay the PE for a wet stamp. (By the way, not only do we have a
PRB-1 style law in Utah, but my county and city have PRB-1 style ordinances.)

As far as propagation: 100 watts SSB to New Zealand, Poland, and Kaliningrad,
Carolinas to Mid-west to California on a 20 meter horizontal wire dipole about
14 feet above rather poor ground (cobble stone, clay and sand) from a mountain
valley in Northern Utah. Wonder what a sun spot or two will give me?

Brent
73, K7MEI