[TowerTalk] rotor and indirect lightning

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] rotor and indirect lightning
From: Matt Patterson <mattpatt@1starnet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:24:33 -0500
Guys,

Any suggestions on how to best protect a rotor from indirect lightning
strikes?  In the past two months I have suffered two indirect lightning
strikes and in both cases it has taken out the reed switch in my M2
Orion 2800.  I have a spare but it's getting expensive having the guy
come out and swap them out.  Just curious what others do to help protect
their rotors.  I know there nothing that's going to protect it 100% of
the time but if there's something I can do to lessen the chance of
something like this happening again I'm all for it.

73 Matt
W5LL