Re: [TowerTalk] Trapped in antenna trap confusion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trapped in antenna trap confusion
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 01:48:52 -0000
Mr. JH I must first congratulate you: You are the first person ever to use
me and "design
paradigm" in the same context. No I don't use anything to try to suppress
feedline radiation with a dipole. I do a little 'trial-n-error' tweaking the
lengths to achieve minimum swr at the transmitter for the freq. range I'm
interested in. I take off, or add, the exact amount on each side. I have
never seen definitive documentation that the feedline radiation is enough to
worry about. 1 or 2 watts of feedline loss isn't meaningful and, for me,
doesn't justify the extra expense or the weight.

To clarify for Billy Cox it is 33 feet per side. I ass/u/me everyone would
have understand what I meant(I was wrong).
73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ