Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn House Bracket and Stucco Siding

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn House Bracket and Stucco Siding
From: Jeff Stevens <jeff@mossycup.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 17:47:42 -0700
Thanks to all who provided input on this topic.  Very likely, I will
place a wood backer between the bracket and stucco.  Bolts (or threaded
rod) will run through the bracket, wood backer, stucco, and into the
interior of the building.

As of yet, I have not figured out how to handle the load once it's
inside the house.  The location I would like to use isn't designed to
handle the force of a loaded 28' tower plus mast, covered in ice, with
85 mph winds.  It will require some consideration.  Fortunately, the
interior is unoccupied space, so there is somewhat of a blank slate when
it comes to the actual solution.

Thanks to everyone for your comments regarding the exterior of the wall.

-Jeff
KE7FRJ