Re: [TowerTalk] tower restrictions

To: Gregg Seidl <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower restrictions
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:38:23 -0700
That's convenient, but possibly not wise.  I wonder what your insurance
company's position will be if your tower falls down and causes a lot of
damage (or injures someone), and you can't show that installing it had
been approved or inspected for compliance to code.  My guess is that
they don't much care how well established you are in the community.

Or what happens if a new neighbor moves in two houses down from you and
turns you in to the local planning and zoning commission (which is
usually obligated to act).  In most places, the township would have the
right to force you to take it down even if you had met the local code
when installing it, although they would be more likely to just levy a
fine against you.

I always viewed building permits as cheap insurance against such issues
even though they aren't a guarantee.

73,
Dave   AB7E