Re: [TowerTalk] tower restrictions

To: Gregg Seidl <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower restrictions
From: Bob Alexander <realex@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 07:50:01 -0500
Howdy,
I am fortunate to live in a city with what I consider the best of all
possible views about amateur radio towers.

I suffered some storm damage to my tower this spring and was concerned I
would have to at least partially take down and then reinstall it after
replacing a tower section.

It took nearly a week to get an answer from the city planning people but
the response was great....I was told the city had no regulations about
amateur radio towers but I should check with the FAA since I  am only 3
miles or so from DFW airport (I can see all the control towers from the
top of my 60 ft tower).

That does not mean some inconsiderate builder can't tack on a CCR

73, Bob, W5AH