Re: [TowerTalk] tower restrictions

To: "Roger \(K8RI\)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower restrictions
From: "Richard Hill" <rehill@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 09:38:35 -0700
Not really fair to repost part of an article and comment on the part not
repeated.  The first link provided the developers view.  August 12, 2007
hardly qualifies as 'very old' when discussing planning issues.  The second,
a pilot view and more recent information.  <Grin>.

You may note that I did dig deep enough to note in the text that was
reproduced below, "End result?  The developer had to remove two stories of
the building and project approval processes were changed (and there were
resignations from the planning department)."

The FAA had no teeth in this, it was the community, the California DOT
Division of  Aeronautics and the City of San Diego that had the ability to
address the issue, and ultimately the City went to court.  It seems that
everyone in San Diego County has a special interest in airports.

Perhaps the point was too deep?  The consequences of ignoring permits and
requirements may range from nothing to removing your structure or part of
it.  All politics are local....

OK, moving on.

Rich
NU6T