Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Selection Assistance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Selection Assistance
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:49:08 -0700
I wish people would heed All the advice about Steppir and their service and
not buy one.  I am now losing the advantage I had with my 3 element Steppir
of 3 years over others, with all the thousands of Steppir's out there now it
back to square one:-)

I have always had great service from Steppir.  I know that the company did
have issues for a very short time with the flexible pipe couplers they use
to attach the fiberglass poles to the motor housings.  They originally used
Fernco couplers and they were unavailable for a time and they used another
brand that fell apart in the U.V., but I know that Steppir replaced the
couplings for the Fernco type and made good on any other problems this
caused.

I can only think that it must have been a communication problem between
Steppir and the guy with 2 1/2 elements.  Anyway before the rest of the
elements fall off he should contact Steppir direct or Jerry the tech support
guy and get some new hardware sent out, which I am sure will be Gratis.
Phone numbers are on the website.

Mike, K6BR