Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain HG-70HD Crankup Tower Raising/Lowering Fixture

To: "'Michael Ryan'" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>, "'Don Tucker'" <w7wll@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain HG-70HD Crankup Tower Raising/Lowering Fixture
From: "Allen R. Brier" <n5xz@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:15:01 -0800
I'm open to any suggestions...

Note that Hy-Gain/MFJ still sells the rebar base for the HG70HD. The cost is
$350.00 and $150.00 for shipping. I bought one because I was thinking about
the liability aspect if the tower were to ever fall and cause damage or
injury...how would it look if the homemade base failed? I can say that
during Ike, (I live about 40 miles west of where the eye of the storm
tracked) that my wife said my tower "didn't move an inch!" and my 4
el-SteppIR didn't suffer any damage. We had 70-80 MPH winds with 90 MPH
gusts. I was conveniently out of town.

Allen Brier N5XZ / KL5DX
1515 Windloch Lane
Richmond, TX 77468-2533