Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjian Tower Orders

To: "mrlogs" <mrlogs@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjian Tower Orders
From: Charles Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:32:47 -0400

On 9/22/2008 mrlogs wrote:
...snip...
> being shipped. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience!"

> Karl told me this himself this past Friday Sept 19th (on the phone)
> My tower has NOT been galvanized, nor welded yet, and will not ship
> in September as he's backed up with Gov orders..and "that's what is paying
> the bills right now!"

I don't know exactly what is going on there, but I WILL say that IF you are a
G'vt contractor, you can have what (at least used to be) called a 'DX Priority'
contract.  They get REAL priority - as in NOTHING in the shop gets priority of
a "DX job" - and the vendor can't say "I don't recognize DX" - you take the
contract, you take it 'DX"

As I said in a prior post, I used to work in electronics.  Started off as a
bench tech, ended up runining the environmental/dynamics test lab for the
company (aka the 'shake and bake' lab)

We ordered a new test chamber on a DX contract, and when time came to fly out
to the factory for acceptance testing, we found out chamber was running oh, 6-8
weeks late, because an order for another company was ahead of ours.  We asked
if it was for a Government DX job, and were told "No, but it's for our biggest
customer".  I called my boss, and was told - "expect a visitor in about 2 hours
- meet him in the lobby"

Sure enough, in about 2 hours, a nondescript Govt car pulls up, the driver
steps out (in Navy undress white), opens the door, and out steps an Admiral!
He cam in, introduced himself to me, and we went to see the CEO of the company.
 The CEO said "I don't recognize Govt priorities on contracts."  He was
informed that the Admiral had authorization to temporarily nationalize his
company to ensure compliance!  You might say that the priority on my test gear
went up just a tad at that point.

So if he's getting hit with 'DX' jobs, he has no choice but to bump you, BUT
communications sounds "poor"

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

The difference between science and the fuzzy subjects
 is that science requires reasoning, while those other subjects merely require
scholarship.
 --Lazarus Long