[TowerTalk] telrex question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] telrex question
From: "Steve Baughn" <baughn@wowway.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 21:15:24 -0500
    I am contemplating an antenna farm utilizing Telrex yagis for 20-10 meters.
I have never owned one and only know about them through their reputation. Afte
hearing some of their advertised gain figures, I have to wonder if they are as
good as their legend would lead one to believe. I was looking at a 20M646-6el
20 on a 46' boom and the advertised gain was 14DB, when in fact it should
probably be somewhere in the 8-9db range. They also appear in some cases to use
an extra element or so given a particular boom length i.e., the 20m646 uses 6
elements on a boom length that would typically have 5 based on modeling.Can
someone enlighten me as to Telrexs' claims? I am also looking for some of their
antennas if anyone out there has any for sale at a decent price. Thanks es 73,

                              Steve, WD8NPL