Re: [TowerTalk] 43ft Vertical Feeding Question and Balun type

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 43ft Vertical Feeding Question and Balun type
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:58:29 -0500
> But in the end, if you buy a stick of aluminum from ANY company, you have
> to remember it's NOT the stick that's doing the hard job. It's made of
> aluminum, it knows how to radiate.  The hard job is how you feed it power
> efficiently.

By the way, when I talk about the hard job, I am, of course, talking about
an electrical job.

A freestanding vertical has a hard job of standing up in bad weather to do
;-)

I have no gripe or even any comment on any manufacturers' mechanical
designs, and I realize that's a very important part of the design of a good
freestanding 40+ foot antenna.

73
Dan