Re: [TowerTalk] Was "43ft Vertical Feeding

To: Samir Popaja <7s7v@adamomail.se>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Was "43ft Vertical Feeding
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 04:27:31 -0500
I FOUND A REFERENCE TO A NEW HIGH POWER, BUT
LESS EXPENSIVE SIMPLE REMOTE TUNER WITHOUT
MEMORIES AT THIS SITE AND HAD SOME EMAIL
CONVERSATION WITH THE PROPRIETOR THEREOF.

HIS REPLIES, WITHOUT EDITING, ARE SHOWN BELOW.

CHECK IT OUT PLEASE.   No photos are available yet, but
it sounds like what we are looking for.

http://www.gulfalphaantennas.com/

===============  JAMES - K8JHR ===================

James --

I would say within the next 4 weeks, this is a simple tuner and will not
have memories as some of the others do however it will handle high power
and be built like some of the better antenna tuners such as the Palstar
with big HV air variable caps and inductors. Switching over 3 bands will
be accomplished with relays and switching over 2 bands will be
automatic. The unit will mount to the base of our antennas so the user
will not have a box laying on his lawn separate from the antenna.

  If you want a tuner with memories that can handle 500 watts PEP your
looking at over $1000.00, Array Solutions has one made in China that
will handle 800 watts PEP and it's priced at $979.00. Ours will do full
legal power all day long for between $400-500 but as I said before it
does not have all the bells and whistles, it will just be a real gutsy
thing (this the way we build everything) and simple but can take
whatever can be thrown at it.

 >     As for size I am not sure yet. It will be designed to mount right
on my verticals but an initial measurement would be about 12" long x 8"
wide x 6" deep. I also will have one that will switch with relays among
4 bands and one that will switch automatically between two bands so they
will vary in size a bit. The auto two bander will be less expensive and
aimed at those that want to switch say a quarter wave vertical for 40
meters and also use that antenna on 20 as well. All they will have to do
is change bands on the radio. Also will switch between 80 and 40 or in
like combinations. The relay switched unit can be tuned for four
individual bands of choice.

           73's
           Pete
           Gulf Alpha Comm. Antennas