[TowerTalk] 43' Vertical - Feed Point Tuner or Shack Tuner?

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 43' Vertical - Feed Point Tuner or Shack Tuner?
From: Richard Thorne <rmthorne@suddenlink.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 09:40:27 -0600
I have a vertical in my backyard that I currently feed at the base with
an SG-239 200 watt tuner.  I want to increase my power from 100 watts to
400 watts.  In order to accomplish this I either need a tuner at the
base like an SG-235 or CG-5000 both expensive.

The other less expensive solution is a tuner in the shack.

So how much loss will I have if I tune a 125' length of coax?  I know it
works as I bypassed the base tuner and used my rigs tuner.  No problem
tuning, I'm just curious how much loss I'll have compared to the tuner
located at the base of the antenna.

Rich - N5ZC