Re: [TowerTalk] 43' Vertical - Feed Point Tuner or Shack Tuner?

To: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 43' Vertical - Feed Point Tuner or Shack Tuner?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 21:17:31 -0500
The flap over the correct balun / unun / transformer sure soured my
impression of Array Solutions and Zero-Five.  Their handling of this
situation reminds me of the way Intel handled the situation with its
broken Pentium chip.

I made up my mind after attending the Dayton Hamvention last year,
where I spent some time talking to reps from both DX-Engineering and
Zero-Five and concluded the DXE fellers seemed to pay more attention
to detail and were more patient with a first year ham asking questions.
The Zero-Five guy was fine - but the EXE team was just better at it.