[TowerTalk] SteppIR vs Butternut

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR vs Butternut
From: "Larry & Karen" <k0is@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:32:37 -0500
In the next couple days or so I will be ordering a 3 element SteppIR yagi and
can't decide whether adding the 30/40 meter option would be worthwhile or not.
Maybe it's a no brainer, but currently on 30 and 40 meters I have two other
antennas, an extended double zepp at about 35 feet and a Butternut HF2V ground
mounted and with 24 radials currently under it. Both of these have served well
for DX so I'm wondering if anyone has any direct experience with a comparison
like this and what they would recommend. Rotating the dipole at 60 feet would
be nice, but then I've got the vertical. Thanks folks.

Larry  K0IS