Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR vs Butternut

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR vs Butternut
From: KG4LRU@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:56:03 EDT
Steve

I have exactly what your talking about  had butternut HV 9 Bought a 3
element SteppIR in 2002 and their Big IR vertical . Both worked better than
expected. Then I upgraded to the 30/40 kit its like comparing a beam to a
vertical.
And that why I sold the antenna I am now  installing the DB 36 w  80 Kit.

Go  for the dipole its fantastic antenna,I use the  vertical  as back up
antenna or when propagation's favors a vertical  which doesn't happen  that
often.
New antenna is on the deck awaiting  install on the Tower .

73

Phil AI4DQ