Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR vs Butternut

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k0is@iowatelecom.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR vs Butternut
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 07:39:24 EDT

In a message dated 3/16/2009 5:04:54 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  In the next couple days or so I will be ordering a 3 element  SteppIR yagi
and can't decide whether adding the 30/40 meter option would be  worthwhile
or not. Maybe it's a no brainer, but currently on 30 and 40 meters  I have two
other antennas, an extended double zepp at about 35 feet and a  Butternut HF2V
ground mounted and with 24 radials currently under it. Both of  these have
served well for DX so I'm wondering if anyone has any direct  experience with a
comparison like this and what they would recommend. Rotating  the dipole at 60
feet would be nice, but then I've got the  vertical.

        Hello?!? The key to success  is having at least 2 antennas per band.
And even more is even better. The rule  is that ONE of them will outperform
the other(s) at any time. I would encourage  you to get the 30/40 feature.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Installer of more SteppIRs than anyone in the  world