Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Bandwidth of a 75/80 meter dipole

To: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>,"'K4SAV'" <RadioIR@charter.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Bandwidth of a 75/80 meter dipole
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:31:45 -0400
It's even better than that - a piece of 75-ohm coax permanently in the line
at the right place gives a frequency characteristic that has a
double-dip.  I think the idea was first thought of (or at least publicized
in amateur circles) by W6NL.  Here's a reference, from
N3BB
<www.ctdxcc.org/n3bb/broadband_antenna/A_Broadband_80_Meter_Antenna_System.ppt

73, Pete N4ZR