[TowerTalk] 75/80 vertical

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 75/80 vertical
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 22:56:46 -0500
Well now that most of the snow has melted its time to finish last years
antenna projects!! My question is this: I installed 60 feet of Rohn 25
insulated from ground. I used the tapered top section as I'm going to use a
peice of pipe to "finish" the length.  I'd like it to resonate at 3.8 Mhz.
About how much pipe do I need to add to make it work. I have one of Array
Solution AS-80 tuners. I will be using about 60-80 radials about 60-100 feet
long. Tha way the tuner works is it needs to resonate at 3.8 or so and then
it switches in inductance to tune it to 3.5 and 1.8.
 Does Rohn 25 typically make a good connection between sections? I was
thinking about running a piece pf copper wire from bottom to top secured
with some copper-ox and circle clamps. Good idea or??  Thanks  Gregg  K9KL